Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More bad luck (not so bad at all ) with my 914, Just a valve cover gasket, but messy
Mikey914
post Dec 4 2009, 01:48 AM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

SO I'm on my way back from lunch today and I'm pulling out and catch a pothole with my right rear wheel. I didn't realize how deep is was (I actually didn't see it), but it sounds like I bottomed out pretty good. I'm driving back and make one quick stop and notice that I've got some old smell and a little cloud. I get back and check it further and notice there's alot of oil dripping onto the heat exchangers. The valve cover looks slightly wet, but I'm afraid I may have damaged a push rod tube.

Anyone else have this experience?

Also, if it is a push rod tube, is there a 2 part tube that I could use to replace it without having to pull the head (and motor)?

I'll find out tomorrow as I was planning to check the fit on the tail light gaskets in the morning, but it's driving me nuts. I've never experienced a problem like this, and I fear it's going to be not to inexpensive to fix. To top this off the wife had to come get me and she's about had it with my "unreliable 914". I've ahd an alternator problem, fuel injection problems and a new trans installed, but I'm starting to think I may want to retire it as a daily driver and work out an inexpensive "work rig" as it's also not well suited for moving parts and materials around.

Just hasn't been a good day.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:21 PM