Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is the 914 a new fangled car?, How many of you have had a similar question?
stephenaki
post Jan 7 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

I've been driving the teener into work all this week since their is snow on the ground and not really conducive to riding my motorcycle in. Well, I noticed that the idle seems really high, reving around 2500 to 3000 when I pull in the clutch.

As I get onto post I pull into a parking space near the gym, parking on Patch Barracks is a bit of a problem, pull the E-brake, pop her into neutral and pop the engine lid. Time to see what the issue is, I'm thinking throttle cable is getting stuck.

As I do a precursor inspection a guy walks up onto my right side and kinda stands their and watches, his car was parked on the right side of mine. My car is reving really high at this point. I finally shut her off, will mess with it when I get home tonight, and comment that I need to adjust the idle to the guy. Too which he replies, 'can you do that? Is that one of those new cars with all the electronic stuff?'

'uhh no, it's a 1971 Porsche 914 with dual carburators; I can adjust them.' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

So, how many of you have had someone think that your teener was a new car? Just curious.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:21 PM