Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tire question
Zundfolge
post Jan 10 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,994
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

My teener has 4 Yokohama AVS Intermediates in 205/50-15.

The rear tires really need to be replaced, but the front ones still have somewhere around half their life left.

So what I wanted to do was just replace the rear tires with new ones and rotate the older tires from the front to the rear.

Problem is Yokohama doesn't make the AVS Intermediate any more ... according to the guy at Discount Tire, Yokohama has replaced the AVS with a new model called the "S.Drive".

Naturally the tire dealer wants me to buy 4 new tires (apparently mixing models of tires will cause the car to explode or something) ... well I just don't have the cash for 4 tires, so I'm wondering if moving the good AVS's to the rear and putting new 205/50-15 S.Drives on the front would be just fine? Is there really some problem with mixing and matching models of tires or is that all just tire salesman hype?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 08:39 PM