Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Troubleshooting a 76 2.0- Died & will start, Starts briefly before cutting out again
JRust
post Jan 10 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Okay so I got a call from a fellow 914 guy. His son broke down at school in Corvallis. I live here so I gladly go to take a look. His son was driving & shifted from first to second & it stalled while doing it. It wouldn't start back up at first. Then did & he was barely able to limp it the 5 blocks home. This was with it dying I don't know how many times.
They thought maybe the fuel pump is going out or a pinched fuel line. While he started it for me it died just as he described. I pulled the plate off the fuel pump in the front trunk. I had him start it again. Fuel pump comes on then turns off right about the time it dies. It is so close I amnot sure if it goes off before or after the car dies. I would assume before as that would make sense. The fuel pump only comes one for about 2 seconds if you just turn the key on but don't start it.

Does this sound like the fuel pump is going out?
Or does this sound like the fuel pressure regulater isn't giving the right signal?
Am I asking the totally wrong question?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:07 AM