Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Made a big paint mess.
iamchappy
post Mar 28 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #1

It all happens so fast!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Last night I finished spray painting one of my rear calipers red.
First thing this morning I went with my first cup of coffee out into the garage to checkout how the paint job turned out. As I lifted the caliper out of the cardboard box which it was painted in, the coat hanger the caliper was hooked too decided to straighten itself out as it was at eye level and the caliper dropped back into the box puncturing the red spray can, which created a fountain of red paint until all the pressure was gone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif). Sorry no time for pictures, the wifes pearl white Lexus was now covered as was the entire garage with solvent resistant red paint. I spent a good part of the day cleaning up the mess, when my wife finally poked her head into the garage most of the mess was cleaned up and what wasn't was out of her view, all she saw was me rubbing down her car and she was so happy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif) she thanked me for paying attention to her car not the Porsche as she was expecting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
iamchappy   Made a big paint mess.   Mar 28 2004, 07:46 PM
seanery   that is horrible! :o I couldn't stop lau...   Mar 28 2004, 08:14 PM
STL914   Sounds like a good sit com episode for Everyone Lo...   Mar 28 2004, 08:19 PM
nebreitling   that's HORRIBLE!!! at least it wa...   Mar 28 2004, 08:22 PM
iamchappy   Here is a pic of my half full coffee cup.   Mar 28 2004, 08:23 PM
rick 918-S   Lexus, Schemexus... How did caliper turn out? :lol...   Mar 28 2004, 08:23 PM
iamchappy   But look at how nice the brakes look.   Mar 28 2004, 08:24 PM
iamchappy   Brakes   Mar 28 2004, 08:24 PM
blonde914   That is so funny :lol: , I spilled a gallon of ro...   Mar 28 2004, 08:25 PM
rick 918-S  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 09:23 AM