Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Okay Racers: tire questions, V710s on narrow bodied car
BMXerror
post Apr 7 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

So here's the thing. I've been running Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs. They're a fast street tire, but I'm getting killed by a couple R-compound guys. Last night I came across a hell of a deal on some V710s; two 205/50/15s, never used: $160! I jumped on it, and I'll grab the other two when the Dunlops wear out.
Here's the question, the 195/55 Dunlops measure in at about 7-1/2" width, and fender clearance is a little close running Rivieras. The 710s, however, measure in at just over 9 inches (not mounted). Has anyone run V710s of that size on a narrow bodied car (rolling fenders is acceptable) with 5.5" rims, or will I HAVE to go to say a 7" rim with a deeper offset? Will mounting the tires change that measurement at all? Experience appreciated. Remember, it's for the good of the 914's track reputation.
My final question: Why is a race slick wider? Why does a 195 street tire measure in at 195mm, and a 205 race slick measure in at about 230mm? I've heard Hoosiers are wide too. Any explanations? Thanks.
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:38 AM