Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Toad Twice in 8 Days, TG for AAA
76-914
post Apr 7 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

So Sunday a week ago the thing died in Von's parking lot. No problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I Called AAA and 21 min's later they show up. Fuel pump took a crap and luckily I have a pressure gage in the old clock hole so it was an easy diagnosis. But it started right up that nite after cooling a bit. Installed a new pump Friday. Today, I pull pull into CVS after a 150mi round trip, pick up a prescription, go to start and nutin. The pump ran and everything lit up inside but I never heard the solonoid click either. So, AAA to the rescue again. Man those guys are fast. So guess what? After sitting for 2 hours it cranks right up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) I'm thinking it's old (like me) and just needs to stop and rest once in awhile. Or a Gremlin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) I'm hoping it's the solonoid. I have a spare starter/solonoid assm that I'll use in place of it, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Thoughts?????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 01:49 AM