Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Working on the front end, Need new shocks and brakes
dralf
post Apr 7 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

Hi,
Just getting started on fixing up my recently aquired 1975-914 and the way it swooshed and swayed I suspected that front shock replacement was in order. In the process of taking the parts apart to get to the shocks I have found the brakes in bad shape ( not only from rust but my Easy-Out which broke off in the bleader valve ---oups damn ). The brake lines are bad also so now I am comited to most all the break parts. My question for the group is, has anyone bought the BMW upgrade from "TheAndante" ? And if so, is it really as simple and trouble free as he states in his post ? I presently have Reveria wheels but I do not like the fact that I can not get bigger tires on them and I will eventually replace them with something else, the question then becomes, will the BMW brakes interfear with the wheel clerance ? One final question is do I need to upgrade tothe 19 mm master cylinder ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 12:47 PM