Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> my plans for next summer. Mid-summer get-together 2011., high altitude driving, anyone?
RJMII
post Jun 28 2010, 09:53 AM
Post #1

Jim McIntosh

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,112
Region Association: None

A few of us too far away to hit WCR have been contmeplating a 914 get together between RTe 66 and Red Rocks. Here's what we've come up with while our little chat sessions.

There are 3 canyons within 100miles of where I live. There are also multiple places within an hour drive that are over 8000ft. (I'm at 4400ish foot here)

Here is one route that I was discussing with the other 914 owner.

http://www.milebymile.com/main/United_Stat...enic_Byway.html

Shell is 51 miles from where I live; and would be the starting point of the drive.

Here's a drive that starts out 32 miles (ish) from where I am sitting right now:

http://www.milebymile.com/main/United_Stat...eak_Skyway.html

It tops out at 9600 feet, starting from 4400ish feet. There are a couple of switch backs, hair pin turns, etc. lots of blind corners and cliffs to fall off of.

We're looking at about 3 months after Rt 66 and 3 months before RRC next year.

If we do June, Father's day there is a big car show in Thermopolis, Wyoming every year. This year there were quite a few cars from what I've heard. (I wish I'd gone, there was a V8 914 there.)

Thermopolis is Half an hour away in 'the other' direction. (option #1 is North of me 51 miles; Option 2 is East 32 miles; Thermopolis and the Wind River canyon is south 32 miles) West we have Meteetsee, up to Cody, Wyoming and the East Entrance to Yellowstone.

any questions? comments? I'll be borrowing pictures and maybe taking some of my own this weekend when we go up to Cody for the 4th of July parade.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:20 PM