Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for advice/Opinions on carbs., Fed up with Dellorto's, should I make a switch?
Silverstreak
post Jul 2 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #1

Edmund J. Fournier #36

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,552
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Well, I'm about fed up with the Dellorto's that came on my car. My attempts to rebuild them have come to a frustrating hault (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) due to an issue getting the throttle shaft and bearings back into one of them. I don't feel like pumping any more money into carbs that I'm not even sure function properly. Funds, spirit and patience are low. I've been shopping options on the eBay and such. A nice dual Weber IDF 40 kit would be a dream but the price is pretty steap. Then I see these EMPI knock offs for a little less. My third option is a set of rebuilt Dellorto's with a price falling between options 1 and 2. So, basically I'm wondering if anyone here is running the EMPI versions of the IDF 40's and how well they work. I'd also like to hear from those who run the real deal and those running the Dellorto DRLA 40's. FI is not an option, it would cost to much and be beyond my abilities to install. Any advice is appreciated, I could use a good boost of morale.
Cheers,
Josh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 07:52 PM