Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel injection experts needed, no start while it's HOT
mtndawg
post Jul 18 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,985
Region Association: None

I'm running a 1.7 with original djet.
I drive the car yesterday while it was 100+ here in Sacramento. After driving about 40 miles, I turned the car off. After only 2 minutes I turned the key and the sounded like it was going to start, then died. I cranked it a few more times and nothing happened. i let it cool for about 10 mins, then cranked it again. It started right up on the 3rd crank and ran great for the drive home. I've had this hard to start situation a couple of other times in the heat.

I also have imperfect idle when the engine is warm. It idles between 1300 and 800. I know that's pretty good, but I would like to get it idling at 800 to 850 every time.

All new vacuum lines
Clean trigger points
Clean Trottle Position Sensor
Good MPS
Virtually new injectors
New fuel press regulator
New rubber fuel lines
New screen in the tank
New fuel filter

I have never touched the temp sensor Could this be the problem?...and yes I have read pbanders site many times, that's how I learned to operate on djet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 03:02 AM