Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hit and Run driver question
computers4kids
post Aug 1 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

A little background...
When my wife and I returned from walking around a car show in AG CA, I was bummed to find a newer BMW slammed into the rear of my parked 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I had parked the 914 what looked like a safe spot in a resedential neighborhood...yeah right.

When I arrived at my car the lady from the house in front of where I parked my 914 came out and said she saw everything. She was literally standing next to the 914 talking on a cell phone to her son who was interested in buying it (no it's not for sale). She said a big non descript box truck rounded the corner and took out the corner of this nice BMW slamming it forward a good 6 six feet into my 914. The driver got out wrote a note written on a Chase Bank deposit envelope, left it on the BMW, and told the lady he couldn't stay because he was late to work.

The police arrived minutes after when I arrived as well as the BMW owner. To no suprise the note appears to be bogus, at least the phone number was bogus. The lady didn't get the license number.

Questions...
I have JC Taylor antique auto full coverage, but haven't called them yet and the BMW owner has Farmers. Since this will probably all go down as a "hit and run" according to the Police,
I am wondering what I may expect from my insurance co? I don't have my policy with me since I"m on vacation.
I assume this will be treated as an "uninsured motorist" claim with my insurance co. Does deductibles usually apply with type of claim?
Should I expect any type of compensation from the BMW's insurance since technically his car hit mine?

The damage to the rear and front of the BMW will run into the thousands. I was fortunate that it appears my damage was limiited to the newly rechromed bumper and license plate area. My car looked like it avoided major damage since it was able to slide forward (no car in front of me). The bumper doesn't look repairable to the quality it first was.

I don't want to post any pics until I resolve this with the insurance...just a before pic of the condition of the bumper.(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-4253-1232847003.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:16 PM