Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Classic 'sport' look, Like to hear any ideas
Rav914
post Aug 9 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #1

All-weather fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,669
Region Association: None

There are many things one can do to enhance the look of a Porsche with vintage racing details. The Early 911S Registry is rife with many examples of modifications emulating the 'sports purpose' car. Some are authentic from the period, others are recreations that work just as well.

The 914/6 GT is the definition of a 'sports purpose' 914. A stock '70 /4 clearly is not. I'd like to bring it up a little bit. Have it look a little cooler, with a little more hp to follow. But keep it narrow bodied.

Drivetrain, I'm where I want to be, for now, with a carb'd 1911 with headers and a dual Triad.

Here are the details I'm thinking about: Lowered. Repaint in original silver. Change wheels to 5-lug KPZ steelies from '69-'70, no hubcaps a la 904. Add the three-stripe 'Porsche' decal on the sides, in red. 'Bosch' stickers on the rear quarters. Yellow Pilot fogs with straight covers, no round hole in them. RSR-type emblem sticker on the hood. GT rear trunk tie down handles. Delete gold letters. 356 Green interior with black cord inserts in the seats.

That's what I'm thinking. Any other ideas???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 09:09 AM