Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Doing the clutch today, HELP
ripper911
post Aug 21 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #1

corde pulsum tangite

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,654
Region Association: South East States

So, then. I'll be attempting to change my clutch today, I don't really work on cars very much, so I am going to be asking you people some questions.

First, besides a flywheel lock and the alignment tool, do I need any other special tools?

Someone here suggested using four jackstands to only raise the rear end, how does that sound to the others here and where do the stands go for stabilitys sake.

would putting the front of the car on ramps and the rear on stands to have the whole thing in the air be a good idea? or the other way around...

anything that might be of use is needed from all of you whom are more experienced than myself. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I'll follow the procedures and hope I'm up to it.

I'm about to go buy the parts, and go to my dads house to use his garage/tools.
I'll be posting pics if there is any trouble.

I will have the 914 914/6 handbook, the haynes manual, and the Dr 914 procedure that comes with the kit.

Thanks in advance! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:14 AM