Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another white 914, or how to get a teener home without a trailer
arkitect
post Sep 20 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,426
Region Association: None

Had an interesting and scary day yesterday. Me and two buddies decided we needed more parts with another 914 car at a good price. The car was supposedly running so we took the truck down to Modesto to let me (the volunteer) drive it back to Stockton.

I've got multiple 914s but have not driven to many...my current project is still up on jack stands...so not alot of driving time for the teeners.

It was quite an experience, brakes were froze on 1st gear takeoff, but with enough gas it would get going. Luckily I had Lennie and Jeff following me in the truck because the bracket for the accelerator cable broke and we ran out of gas. Luckily we were close to a Ace hardware where we were able to get parts/gas can. It finally got going without the brakes locking up, but alot of lack in power in 5th gear and unbelievably sloppy shifting. Missing bushings?

Well we made it back to Stockton without a trailer. Will post some picts later.

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:53 AM