Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 74 2.0 What to do What to do.
jwernquist
post Sep 21 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Connoisseur De La Rusty !~

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,093
Region Association: None

I sold my 914/6 and 2.0 a few years back and have been wanting to pick up a 914. Heard about one via friend of a friend went to check it out and made a deal. So now i have this 74 914 2.0 sitting in the garage. It was mostly dissasembled prepped for paint then sat.

I cleaned it up the gas tank replaced some lines and hoses and the car fired right up. Ran pretty good too. Now the dilemma.

Surprisingly its rock solid no sag or gap issues. Sail Panels are solid rear suspension console rock solid. The drivers side seat belt mount and corner jack triangle are in need of repair. Surprisingly the passenger side is rock solid. Will need a 6 inch strip of metal along the drivers side corner as well. Both Jack plates surrounds should be replaced. A small less than quarter size hole in the rear trunk and the remainder of the floors are solid as can be.

ITs worth fixing however not sure if I really shoudl be the guy to fix it at this point. I have my 69S thats just been painted and my new to me Split Window. I probably should've thought of this before i bought it but that 914 bug hit.

Parts and pieces on the car are all excellent. So it would be a lucritive car to part. However its too solid for that and a runner.

That being said , should I toss it up in the for sale or should I just take it in get it painted and put it together.? Or should I list it up for all you parts pickers!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) heh JK

Anyone interested in a 914 2.0 Project? Help me out here. Im torn.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:04 AM