Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Vacuum lines issue, 914 Le vacuum line issue
yrret7
post Oct 4 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,202
Region Association: Canada

Help!!! I bought a new set of vacuum lines from AA . The diagram that came with them does not seem to match the ones on the car. The first issue is there is a charcoal cannster along the trunk wall that Is in the shape of a small muffler. It has two vacuum lines comming from it. One goes to the nipple on the top cover at the trunk side of the air cleaner. The other goes to a nipple on the engine beside the spark plug closer to the firewall side of the engine ( where does that nipple go to?). The charcoal canaster if this is even what it is. Just a guess!!! Should it be on the 1974 LE ?
Does anyone have a picture of it on there car?
On the digram of the setup of vacuum lines from AA it shows the hose from the decel valve going to the nipple that the Carcoal canaster now goes to.
I don't want to remove the canaster if it came on the car from the factory like that.

The AA digram also shows a hose comming off the air cleaner and going to the gas tank evaporator. Maybe thats what I think Is the charcoal cannster?

Help!!!
Thanks
Terry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:48 PM