Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transmission Conversion - Tail to Side, What else should I do since I am there ?
913B
post Nov 5 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,983
Region Association: None

So I got a bad case of Dirk Wright syndrome. I have my engine out on the floor doing a tail to side shift transmission conversion. I am removing the cooling fan housing to access the engine mounts to switch them out so I can use the side shift engine mount bar. So I have to remove the alternator in the process. I read the tech article about removing the alternator and what PITA when the engine is still in the car. Should I just replace the alternator with a new/rebuilt one ? Since I have it out. Sources for replacement alternator ? FLAPS ? Another question I have is removing my old heat exchangers. Is it possible to tilt the engine on the side to acess the heat exchanger bolts to the heads or am I asking for trouble ? I am afraid of stripping or pulling a head bolt. Any suggestions from members that BTDT ??

Thank you

Ted
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 06:21 PM