Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another A/X tire pressure question, ...EDIT: I LOVE A6'S!!
naro914
post Nov 6 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #1

Losing my mind...

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

So, it's been a zillion years since I've autocrossed with real autocross tires, and obviously technology has changed a bit (used to use the BFG R-1 back in early 90's until they stopped making them - went to G-Force, then built the car to full race using slicks)

We rebuilt our 914 (Huey) to use for street/AX after the wreck at Targa Newfoundland, and we've been just using our old street Continentals on it for the local autocrosses - mainly because we only had one set of wheels.

Just got another set of wheels, so I got a set of Hoosier A6's. Problem is, I have no idea what pressures these run at. The race car uses Goodyear slicks at 19 psi cold.

Car is about 2050 lbs without me - yes, it's heavy, but we drive it for more street/rally/weekends and has a full cage that added weight.

3.2 liter six cyl
Carrera suspension
Front Weltmeister sway
21 mm torsion bars (I think)
can't remember the springs, but I think 180lb

Again, it's not set up for A/X, and honestly the local A/X group is not exceptionally competitive like the West coasters are. I am about 1 sec off FTD with 5 year old Conti ContactSport 2's, so A6's should really help.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Bottom line: what tire pressures should I start with on Hoosier A6?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:34 PM