Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Window to targa, does anyone have it perfect???
jsayre914
post Nov 7 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Now that i am working on sound deadining, the car is getting very quiet, but i noticed the wind noise is even louder. I have new targa seals, door seals, squeegees fuzzys etc etc. The 3 part window seal, is now tight. (thanks Mikey914) it does still have a small drip however (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

What i notice is the wind noise is comming from the back of the window on the verticle plane. It actually comes off the rubber at the top 1/8 of an inch almost. It is tight to the targa seal along the top (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I also notice that the window does not roll up the last 1/8 inch unless you open the door and roll it up. I figured this was everybody eles too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I searched but there is nothing with my symptoms. I am not sure if i should shave the back of the targa side seals with a razor blade to try and get the window tighter, or if it is actually a window adjustment.

The door is aligned all gaps are good and the door closes fine.

Any suggestions???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:09 PM