Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Boge Shocks, Did I do all this work for nothing
dralf
post Apr 22 2004, 05:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

Hello,
Got my parts for the suspension rebuild last night and I was anxious about seeing and playing with my new Boge air shocks. My 914 swooshed and swayed when it hit a bump or dip in the road so naturally shocks were the #1 suspect for this poor handling, I even played with the old Boge air shocks ( some previous owner apperently installed them some time in the past) and found the pistons to move in and out relatively easy. Sure seemed bad to me....
We getting back to my new shocks, heck they act the same way, no super resistance as I push the piston in or or out.

Am I misinterpeting the actions of these shocks ? <_< OR are the old ones just as good or bad compaired to the new ones ?

Naturally will install the new ones, but now I am getting a sinking feeling that after all this time and effort and MONEY the ride will be the same. I am replacing tie rod ends, ball joints and brake lines and calipers so at least I will feel safer driving down the street if I put everything together right.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 01:48 PM