Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installed 911 Aluminum Auxiliary Support (Front Cross Member), Now Protective Plate Doesn't Fit. Solutions?
mwyatt
post Dec 14 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 516
Region Association: Southern California

Hi guys. I installed an Aluminum Auxiliary Support in my 914 this weekend. It bolts right up, but it comes down lower than the steel piece and now the stock 914 underfloor protective plate doesn't fit. There are also no holes in the support for the plate to screw into in the front, but the two bolts in the rear are fine (see attached pic from the front).

I know I can't be the only one that has done this. What have others done to make the protective plate work?

By the way, for those that have been thinking about doing this, I probably wouldn't recommend it. I'd guess it's only 3 or 4 pounds lighter than the steel piece, and some have suggested that it can flex. But I'm committed at this point to trying to make it work.

- MikeAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:03 AM