Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> IT'S ALIVE, 18 Months and bang
tracks914
post Apr 24 2004, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

The Challenge:

Take a car that you have never driven (except for 10 mintue test drive) or worked on or even barely seen before...
Completely tear down every nut and bolt on car to bare body!
Sandy blast, repaint, reassemble exterior and interior.
Completely tear down engine
Clean, rebuild, reassemble engine (tricky part because old wiring was a mess, fuel pump was running off coil, cold start valve running all the time, temp sensors were disconnected, fuses blown, hoses missing....you get the point)
Install engine
Install all new hoses and fuel lines (harder than it sounds)
All done in 17 months 22 days

and then......and then....

The Result:

pour gasoline into tank

get two fire extingushers just in case....

install battery

turn key......and then....and then....

wait for fuel pump to prime and shut off.....done

depress clutch (even if car is on axle stands)

turn key one more notch......nothing.....try again....nothing...back key off to off position and try again....nothing

crawl under car to look at starter, ah ha. solinoid wire was off.

get into car and turn key

It didn't take but 1 1/2 seconds and bang bang, as in chitty chitty, and it was running!:rockin: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/givemebeer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

It's a little noisey but I still have to time it and test run it and bring it up to temp but for now....IT"S ALIVE!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/givemebeer.gif)
I have one beer left in the case and I am now going to celebrate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Thanks to all on this site who have helped me along the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) I salute you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tracks914   IT'S ALIVE   Apr 24 2004, 03:50 PM
Mark Henry   Party on dude!<...   Apr 24 2004, 03:54 PM
Curvie Roadlover   I felt all warm and fuzzy reading your post :headb...   Apr 24 2004, 03:58 PM
Andyrew   :ttiwwp: Congrats!!!!   Apr 24 2004, 04:42 PM
markb   <...   Apr 24 2004, 04:48 PM
rick 918-S   :ttiwwp: :ttiwwp: :agree:   Apr 24 2004, 04:53 PM
trojanhorsepower   Man you rock! :trophy: I am in the same boat...   Apr 24 2004, 04:57 PM
SirAndy   <...   Apr 24 2004, 09:47 PM
Gint   'grats! :trophy: :beer1:   Apr 24 2004, 10:52 PM
ThinAir914   Congratulations! It's such a wonderful th...   Apr 24 2004, 11:25 PM
shoguneagle   That will be the best beer you will ever drink...   Apr 25 2004, 01:51 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:10 PM