Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Exhaust Temperature and thermostat, #3 is noticably cooler
tracks914
post Apr 25 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

I'm still trying to set up my engine, a little at a time. (Timing, changing leaking injectors, pressure system, you know the stuff) The engine appears to idle smooth, no back firing, timed properly but, while underneath the car listening for valve train noise I happened to put my hand near each exhaust pipe. Cylinder #3 was noticably cooler than the rest. I couldn't touch any of the other three and I couldn't hold onto #3 but I could touch it briefly. It was too hot to hold but not to touch. The car has only been running maybe 10 minutes total on and off but I was surprised to see this.
Could it be a bad injector not supplying enough fuel, too much fuel? It is one of the ones I will have to change becuase it is weeping a bit of fuel but I was just wondering?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
The other thing I was wondering is how long should it take for the bellows to operate to open the cooling ducts. The car is in the garage, up on stands, but it was only about 40*F in there with the doors open. The bellows never opened in ten minutes but the engine never appeared to get that hot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Tx
Doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:39 PM