Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help ID some parts, I need some help IDing some 914 parts
928er
post Apr 28 2004, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,995

Hi, I'm a 928 guy who has been planning to get a 914, but now it looks like we are moving next year so I'll likely hold off till then.

The reason I'm posting is that a while back I bought a bunch of 928 parts from this guy who also had some 914 parts; I bought it all planning on having spare for the future 914, I don't really want to haul any extra parts to the new home so I need to try to sell the extras but don't know a lot about the 914 parts.

1st is a side shift transaxle; is there a reference where I can match the numbers to the rear and/or gear ratios?

2nd is a pair of axles, the guy I got them from said they were HD axles for the 914 (definatly not 928 units); is there some reference for these? I guess I would need to know length from the outsides of the CV joint and diameter of the axle to ID it a2 a HD unit?

I also got some new carpet parts plus a yard of matching bulk carpet plus a yard of vinyl, and I think theres a few emblems and such; I'm planning on posting this stuff in the classifieds once I figure out what it all is.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:30 AM