Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> buying from out of state, have you done it?
MiddleMan
post Feb 11 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,186
Region Association: Northern California

Somehow, most of the nice 914s I'm finding are located in states other than my own. I'm actually a little surprised by this, though I'm not sure why I should be...

Anyway, since it looks like I'll be buying from at least a couple of states away, I'm wondering how others have dealt with such a situation. I'm pretty nervous about buying a car without looking at it first (in person), but obviously I cannot make multiple trips around the country looking at cars, either.

If you've done it, have you had the car inspected beforehand, or do you just trust the seller? If you've gone with an inspection, how do you choose the person to do it? Just by asking on boards like this, or ??

Since I plan to get something nice, I figure that enclosed shipping is the way to go. I see there are plenty of threads here already covering shipping, so I won't ask about that.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 12:14 AM