Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> not starting
cvoros
post Feb 17 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,086
Region Association: Southwest Region

Generally through the winter I dont drive my 914 too much - it doesnt get all that cold here in TX but the car has no heat exchanger. I still crank it and let it warm up every few weeks. Couple weeks ago I charged the battery up and went to crank it and it just turned over and over - never showed any sign of wanting to fire up. I dont find anything "obvious" like a loose wire, blown fuse (if any of those even affect the ignition or fuel pump, etc.) Just wondering if there are some common things that might cause that, if y'all mind doing a little thinking out loud. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
cvoros   not starting   Feb 17 2011, 06:31 PM
Dave_Darling   You need three things for the engine to run: Fuel...   Feb 17 2011, 07:49 PM
Jeffs9146   First check that the fuel pump is priming! Tur...   Feb 17 2011, 09:25 PM
cvoros   First check that the fuel pump is priming! Tu...   Feb 18 2011, 10:26 AM
detoxcowboy   first check the fuel in the tank.. :D   Feb 18 2011, 10:22 AM
Jeffs9146   :Qarl: :Qarl:   Feb 18 2011, 10:37 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:00 PM