Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Smelling like gas inside the car
corsepervita
post Mar 4 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,631
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So I started her long enough to move her out of the garage to clean up the garage. She was on for less than 30 seconds.

Moved the 914 back in the garage and continued on doing what I was doing.

A week later I come out to detail the car and open it up and it smells like gas. Not a STRONG helping, but definitely noticeable. I'm guessing since it was cold that perhaps some of the smell of it running rich came back in the cabin area?

My actual fear is that isn't the case, but that one of the old lines running through in the cabin area may have a tiny crack or is letting a small leak out. I know they aren't a pressurized line, but I'm unsure what to think. I am unable to track down where it's coming from, but it's the second time now I've smelled it.

I want to preserve the originality of the car, if it comes down to replacing the lines, are they available? Or will i need to go to the stainless hardlines that are available? I want the car to be safe, but at the same time preserve the original stuff in it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:07 PM