Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Slightly Bent A Arm, Opinions on Fix or Replace
andys
post Mar 23 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

When doing preliminary adjustments to my '89 Carrera front suspension (upgrade), I noticed the top of the left strut was positioned slightly arears compared to the right (after setting caster). Close measuring revealed that the A arm is slightly bent: Looking at the left suspension from the side of the car, the end of the A arm where the ball joint attaches appears slightly bent. It is rotated 4 degrees clockwise, and pushed back 1/4". The bend seems to be where the arm necks down just inward of the ball joint mount.

So fix or repair? I have complete machine shop capability to make whatever fixtures or nests necessary accomodate a hydraulic press. The A arm(s) came off a car with 59K miles, so the bushings are in good shape and worth the time investment to save it. I think the *fix it* risk is low, but would like some opinions from perhaps someone that's BTDT. If *replace* is necessary, I need a late left side A arm with *good* bushings (and not bent :-))....Anyone?

Thanks,

Andys
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:41 PM