Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Plugged injectors
clow
post Mar 24 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #1

The Kid

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,151
Region Association: Canada

I have a 1973 1.7 with original injectors. I am coming right along and got the fuel hooked up. I tested the injectors and have 3 that aren't spraying, the other is. So just to be sure its not the harness I tried them all in the socket which was firing and nothing. I used an ohm meter to see what I got through them and they ALL ran 2.5. So if they were all the same, including the spraying injector I am thinking just plugged!?
Any thoughts on my assumption?

Now there is nothing coming out, so I wouldn't think fuel additives would help. Any idea how to clean them. I would like to try it myself but do shops have a secret and/or a machine to clean them? Maybe its time for some new ones, but just to see if I can get the engine going it would be nice to have these cleaned up for the time being. Any parts ordered take a minimum a week and a bit to get in. (Canada)

Thanks in advance,

Clow
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:51 PM