Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What to do with my 1973 2.0L 914., What to do with my 1973 2.0L 914.
carfun
post Mar 27 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,865
Region Association: None

Hi,

I have a light green 1973 2.0L 914 I bought used in 1974. It has about 80k miles on it but it has been in storage and on blocks for over 20 years. I recently looked at it and the interior looks show room perfect but the exterior suffered some small dents and the disk rotors are complete rust. I fogged the motor when I parked it there so many years ago and it had zero gas in it but it was not running well at the time, I am thinking it needed new points. I removed the battery when I parked it but it already had a small amount of acid burn on the battery tray which I spray canned to stop further damage. The transmission feels like a brand new car, if fact, it still smells like a brand new car. The reason I am considering doing something with this car is because I have had it stored in my dad's barn all this time and my dad is getting old and soon I will have to pay to store the car.

I love this car, good power, great gas mileage, and drives like a go-cart. I especially like the transmission configuration with first gear being the odd ball instead of fifth gear like so many Porsches.

I also have a 1976 911S Targa which I rebuilt the motor and completely disassembled the body for repainting and am currently re-assembling (not easy to install a Targa window) so I am not anxious about tearing into another big project right away.

I like my Porsches but do not have a desire to garage two weekend drivers and I have been considering changing to a 12 cylinder Ferrari.

The picture below is exactly what my car looks like except the first owner painted the hood black, I don't know why.

Anyway, I am not sure what to do with my 914. Any suggestions?

Dan

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:12 AM