Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Nice day at mom's, Electrical trouble on way home
TheCabinetmaker
post May 9 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #1

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

My bro and I went to spend the day with mom today and had a great afternoon. No kids(cept us), no grandkids, and no great grandkids. Very peaceful.

On the way home, I got bit by the electrical gremlin!
This same thing happened years ago and I just can't remember what caused it. The tach became eractic, gas guage pulsed, and gen light showed very dimly. When I stepped on the brakes, the tach and gas guage, cease to work and the gen light showed full bright. I have seen a loose tach wire at the coil cause this in the past, but it was ok. I checked the fuses, and the one for the license plate light was blown. after replacement, everything worked fine. For about two miles. Fuse was ok this time.

Now, the brake lights and turn signals do not work, and the rest works as described above. With the key off, the turn signals light up but don't blink(like they're susposed to, I believe), but don't even light up with the key on.

Someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks.

Btw, here's a shot at moms house. Bro don't get his garage queen out very often. 78sc, 85,000 miles very nice car.

PS, sorry for the long post.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:02 PM