Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT My daughter turned 18 today., I am going to miss her!!
blonde914
post May 12 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #1

SHERRY

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,630

My daughter Terryn turned 18 today, Yipee!! She has been a handful, she has always been stubborn, idealistic, outspoken, argumentative, passionate, and generally JUST like me. We have butted heads from the moment she was born. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) She works a full-time job at a bank, she will graduate in June, and she moved in with her boyfriend of 3 years.

We fought for years about college, and getting tied down to one guy (we do love him though). She told us she didn't want college, she didn't want different guys(again just like her Mom). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) She is going to a local college in the fall only because the president of the bank told her it was a good idea, not because we assumed she would go since kindergarten.

I want so much for her and all my kids, just go out and live alittle, travel, get an education, save your money, buy a nice PORSCHE 914. Then settle down and do the other stuff.

I would love her to do all the things I didn't do, have all the things we have stuggled to get. But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, she is going to do just what she wants no matter what.

I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!

She is a go getter, no matter what she does in life she will succeed.

This is my first child to leave home, I have a 20 year old son and a 22 year old nephew still at home in college. I also have a 15 yr. old son and a 8 yr. old daughter at home. I am feeling very sad and old, I never thought I would feel sad when they were ready to go. This one has been planning to move out for 2 years. I thought I would be relieved, but I'm not.

I AM GOING TO MISS MY DAUGHTER. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

No I am not crying.

Wonder how you will feel when yours leave home?

Sherry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Wait, my husband in his infinite wisdom just brought up a good point, I won't miss the dirty laundry on the floor, her bathroon and bedroom always trashed, the late nights waiting up, the sticky stuff she sprays and gets on all the mirrors in the house, the dishes that don't make it in the dishwasher, towels left on the floor, arguments with her brothers or sister, the extra car in the driveway, ect. ect...

YES I WILL!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
blonde914   OT My daughter turned 18 today.   May 12 2004, 10:07 PM
morphenspectra   I told my husband that when the boys (only 4 and 5...   May 12 2004, 10:18 PM
CaliWRX   My twin brother and I left for college about a yea...   May 12 2004, 10:21 PM
SirAndy   my daughter is going to turn 15 later this year. ...   May 12 2004, 10:25 PM
campbellcj   Don't worry...if she's anything like my si...   May 12 2004, 10:56 PM
MattR   <...   May 12 2004, 11:43 PM
Andyrew   I dont have any offspring.. and I doubt I will mov...   May 12 2004, 11:50 PM
ChrisReale   :ttiwwp: Sorry, couldn't resist :spank:   May 13 2004, 12:05 AM
GWN7   Mine told me he's never moving out. He told me...   May 13 2004, 12:29 AM
Bruce Allert   All my kids are here to stay.. the 2 horses, 3 dog...   May 13 2004, 12:43 AM
rick 918-S   My wife and I hooked up and moved in together afte...   May 13 2004, 12:47 AM
wheelo   Sherry, To answer your question... I will feel the...   May 13 2004, 02:00 AM
Jeroen   Don't worry about it. Things will only get bet...   May 13 2004, 04:19 AM
dflesburg   Jeez, I can't imagine what your going through...   May 13 2004, 05:57 AM
drew365   My daughter is 19. She is in her 3rd year of colle...   May 13 2004, 08:39 AM
Howard   <...   May 13 2004, 08:58 AM
Don Wohlfarth   Nice post Sherry. Even though there's no side ...   May 13 2004, 09:33 AM
blonde914   This morning I realized I didn't have to go lo...   May 13 2004, 05:03 PM
GWN7   Now we know there was at least 1/4" of milk left i...   May 13 2004, 08:58 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 12:28 AM