Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Great AA experience (with a twist)
Pam
post May 15 2004, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Unnumbered Lady of 914s

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 756

My chief mechanic and I are going to attempt some 'long distance' repairs to the Bee while he's in Iraq. Basically this will be him emailing me instructions and me following them (come to think of it...with the exception of the delivery method - a system not unlike when we make repairs and are both in the same garage - except my chances of getting hit by a flying welding helmet are much less). Anyway...to this end he asked me to the colored vaccum hose kit from AA. I dutifully called AA (I'm an excellent shopper) and ordered on Monday. Received the package Thursday...exactly what I asked for, credit card was charged exactly the amount quoted. $8.50 for Fed Ex ground which I didn't think was excessive. Perfect transaction. I've never had one single problem ordering from AA and will continue to use them as my first choice for parts.

Now...the twist.

When I called and asked the name of the person I was ordering from I got 'George'. I don't know if it was 'the' George but the conversation was interesting none the less. I asked for the 'colored vacuum hose kit'. He told me they didn't have the colored kit but had a white kit...then said 'no African American kits here'. I was completely taken aback that he'd 'gone there' and told him that was sort of bold for him to make that joke to a stranger. He said here's a real joke and proceeded to tell me about a radio or TV station in Atlanta that had to change their paper recyling boxes from 'white paper' and 'colored paper' to 'white paper' and 'paper of color'. I was amazed that he told me this story since, obviously, he didn't know if I'd be offended or not. I was about two steps behind him in the whole conversation after this because I kept thinking...'did he really just tell me that story'??? Maybe I'm just too used to the corporate world always thinking in 'politically correct' terms...but I was still surprised. It takes all kinds, I guess.

Anyway....I got my parts and I'm happy....

-Pam aka Toolwench
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:02 PM