Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Weekend as a Judge, My experiance.
Ferg
post Jun 15 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Denver PCA puts on one big Concours for the year, it's a all makes and model charity event, always a great show 450+ cars, but the Concours part leaves something to be desired.

I didn't enter the Carrera this year, as I decided to donate my time as a Judge, help set up, park cars ect. I took second last year, and I didn't want to enter for second again, I took the easy way out and did Display only. Looking back, I could have won this year. Oh well.

Anyhow, I did engine bays of about 14 cars, Mostly Lotus and Lamborghini, only came away impressed with 1 car (turns out he won overall) a 85 Countach, Not a easy car to prep, and he made 2 year old Gallardo's look bad. Props to him.

Here is my biggest complaint. I was done Judging, hanging out, when I was called over to help Judge another Judges car. She of course had to find a substitute. I happily complied. I ended up doing the exterior on her 74 911, almost identical to my Carrera, easy...

She decided to make herself the timer, 5min per car at this event, and mostly cleanliness is being looked at. First she botches the timing, way over 5 min with a oops, sorry, I forgot to give you one minute to go. Then instead of giving my scoring sheet to the runner to take up to the Judges booth, she comes up and takes mine, and instantly starts questioning my deductions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Her car was not all that impressive, but I did my best to be nice and in general terms explain what I saw. If this was a newb I'd had loved the opportunity to make it a learning experience and give constructive advice, but she's a veteran who was just being abrasive about her score. She didn't even read my notes before she started in with the why this why that.

In the end I just walked away from her as she was still in a huff...

I stuck around for any protests on her part but none ever came. Oh well. Hope she's in it next year against my car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:00 PM