Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> thinking of guying a 72
superdad88
post Jun 24 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,238
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Sorry it's supose to say thinking of buying a 72, wont let me go back and fit the title.

My uncle own's a pawn shop here in town and I was out there today visiting. We were putting things away in his wearhouse and I noticed a blue 914. I knew what it was because i have always liked the looks of them.

I asked him about it and he said the guy pawned it and made the monthly payments so he wouldnt loose it. Well he lost it. I asked my uncle what he wanted for it and he sid he would take what he had into it which was 1500.

I looked at the car but I know nothing about them. It is in great shape. No rust two dings one on each door but nothing bad. Interior is perfect. The only problem is now it wont start. He said he has been moving it around the wearhouse for the past 3 years and just last month it decided not to start.

Probly something simple because it will turn over but wont fire off. Not sure of the motor size. How do I find that? All i remeber seeing is a badge on the back that said 914. And it is all original.

My question is. are these older cars a money pit? I would love to have it to cruze around town and maybe do a few trips in it with the top off.

Thanks
Jason
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:21 PM