Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Valve adjustment weirdness, valve adjustment
Java2570
post Jun 27 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,035
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Ok, I'm a newbie with a 1974 914 2.0L. I am replacing my heat exchangers and exhaust this week and while I have them off, I figure I'd adjust the valves while
I've got extra room to do so. So.... I spent time finding TDC notch on my flywheel and scribed a mark corresponding on the bottom viewing window of the trans.
I also have a red paint mark that was made on the fan that lines up with this as well.
When I go to adjust valves on #1, they are very tight and can't even get a feeler gauge into it to adjust. Then when I try to loosen the screw, it is making no difference in the looseness of the adjustment. What is happening here? Am I making some stupid mistake or is there something wacky going on? I've adjusted valves before on Karmann Ghias so I know how to do the adjustment basically. Also, the nuts are not
13 mm, they are 14 mm on this engine. I know the engine is from a 1975 car but I'm
not sure if the rocker arms were replaced or not......confused.
Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:56 AM