Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tried to Torch Blackie Saturday, found it, *#$@&* w/ pic
76-914
post Jul 31 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Saturday evening I decided to go for a quick spin after completing a few minor tasks on Blackie that afternoon. It fired immediatly and died! Huh? Six more cycles of this and I checked the fuel pressure which was indicating a steady 0 psi. A peek down the gas tank filler neck reveals that it is indeed empty. At once, I think back to last Sunday when I had rebuilt the front end. Before I reattached the steering control arm cover (or whatever you call that piece of metal) I had noticed a small drop on a tank nipple nut. I made a mental note of if and decided to check it for tightness later. What else could it be? New sock, washer, lines, clamps and hoses. Besides, I was on to something bigger at that time. Could it have leaked that much in a week? No worrys. Out to the shed and back with a 2 gal can of gas. Pour it in, cap the tank, close the lid and........... nothing. No starty. No FP. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I walk around the car and find my drive is soaked in 2 galllons of gas which was pouring from beneath the fuel tank. Whew! It was late and my wifes BD party was today which kept me busy all day so I did not get a chance to look into it. I'm interested to find what it is since every filter,OEM rubber hose, hose clamp or SS line is new. Except this plastic Y fitting seen in this pic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) More to come.............
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:05 PM