Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Need Ricer assistance, For my Acura
ninefourteener
post Jul 7 2004, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

I've been on the RSX forums (or at least viewed them), and I must admit, I'm irritated with all the kids that have put body-kits as thier utmost priority. Not to mention all the kids that seem to obtain all their parts (stereos, wheels, etc) by stealing them from someone else.

I'm trying to do the RSX tastefully, without overdoing it. I'm trying to do it as Acura would have done it, but didn't.

So far, I've installed a VERY nice stereo, but haven't overkilled it with gigantic speakers and amps.

I bought a nice set of 18 inch wheels/tires, with the hopes that they would "match" the car, not draw all the attention to only the wheels.

And Last night I installed an Acura factory A-Spec rear spoiler. Again... I think it looks much nicer than one of those gigantic aluminum rear wings.

QUESTION: My next project is to install 1.5 inch drop springs on all 4 corners. Enough to give it an aggressive stance, but not make it look like a low-rider. I've done some research on this, and from what I understand, replacing the springs is all I need to do. No alignments, no camber adjustments (unless you drop more than 2.5 inches). Is this true?

Also, this will be the first time I've done springs. Is it tough, or is it something I can just look at, and with a little time and patience, just do?

Any special tools I should get before I start?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Pic taken this morning:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ninefourteener   OT: Need Ricer assistance   Jul 7 2004, 08:46 AM
JmuRiz   Should be a rather easy mod. Just need some sprin...   Jul 7 2004, 08:54 AM
Air_Cooled_Nut   Even before I finished your post I thought, "man, ...   Jul 7 2004, 09:12 AM
Air_Cooled_Nut   BTW, the rims look good on the car. After you low...   Jul 7 2004, 09:16 AM
ninefourteener   Air cooled nut, Yes, coil-overs would be nice... ...   Jul 7 2004, 09:40 AM
JmuRiz   When doing intake/exhaust mods be sure to check al...   Jul 7 2004, 10:16 AM
jgiroux67   No offense, but I think the wing needs to go. Cars...   Jul 7 2004, 04:03 PM
corpselaurel   Why not do some real performance mods? That warm ...   Jul 7 2004, 06:37 PM
Aaron Cox  
  Jul 8 2004, 09:49 AM
corpselaurel   Passing smog depends on which state. I am pretty ...   Jul 8 2004, 12:52 PM
!   Most states that have emissions testing accept or ...   Jul 8 2004, 02:56 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 07:11 AM