Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT: 930 Caliper Resto for Renegade, (thanks for your patience guys... and gal)
Eric_Shea
post Aug 16 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #1

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Wow... talk about a difficult caliper to restore properly! And, e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e. $468 plus shipping for seals alone!

This was our first foray into the Brembo modular split calipers and here's where the nod to Steve at Renegade comes in. Steve said "take your time" in the beginning (which was nice) but, I think I took my time and then some on this build. It literally took months to just get the calipers apart.

The steel and aluminum construction make these difficult to get apart without damaging fasteners. It all but guarantees' that the pieces will be bonded together. Those M10 fasteners aren't the only concern, the pad spring plates are held in place with some M5x.8 fasteners. Brembo must have foreseen the issue as they drilled access journals into the shaft for those screws. This allows you to spray penetrant or a freeze solution into that bore.

Once the calipers were apart we had to de-anodize them and re-anodize them with the factory finish. Basically raw castings with the burs ground and trimmed anodized in black.

The fasteners would normally be yellow zinc but, this customer request was chrome. I'm an original Nazi on stuff like this and would love to see a set with the proper finish because I'm "very" happy with the way the anodizing came out.

Anyway... enjoy some pics.

Bore seals going in:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Part numbers in the casting... 930.351 for front and 352 for rear calipers. Front have 4 38mm pistons while rears have 4 30mm pistons:
Attached Image

The small M5x.8 screws holding the pad spring plates in:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Factory dust boot seals aka: wiper seals. $25.00 each (x16) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Pistons going in. The seals slide onto the piston from the bottom and then they get pressed in using an arbor press:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Everything get's bolted back together and torqued to spec:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Many thanks to Steve and the gang at Renegade Hybrids for allowing me to take my time and work through these.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:23 AM