Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> poom, poom, poom, ting, poom, Solved... for the most part.
poorsche914
post Sep 6 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Got my car running last week and it was running pretty good except for an exhaust leak. Pulled the heat exchangers, cleaned things up and reinstalled. Leak gone - until I ran it down the road and then tick-tick-tick from #4. Can't feel anything from below so maybe a valve ticking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Checked the valves and the #4 rocker assembly nut took a half turn or so to tighten back up. About a quarter turn on #3. Adjusted the valves and went back to the topside.

Pulled intake system to replace intake runner hoses since mine are leaky. Had NOS hoses ready to install and then found out they are for the 1.7 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I reinstalled the old hoses and put tie wraps on the ends hoping that would stop the leak. Nope... leaking thru the rubber so need to order some new ones for a 2.0

With intake system back on and points gap and timing set I get a lot of popping from exhaust and occasional intake pop. Still ticking at #4. When I pull that plug wire the ticking stops. Decide to pull the plugs and #3 is BLACK! Checked the usual - spark √. fuel √. compression √. For some reason, #3 is not firing.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Should I pull this "history unknown" engine and get a Raby 2056? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

• "used" 2.0 long with unknown history (swapped out original due to dropped valve)
• working D-jet system from original engine (well, it was working)
• compression is 125-130 on all four cylinders

And here is a picture of plugs #3 & 4
Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:18 AM