Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mounting Engine to Engine Stand, Sorry for such an elementary question...
Site
post Jul 17 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 934

I'm a *very* amateur mechanic, and I'm sure this question is very elementary for most on the forum, but I would appreciate the help.

I'm preparing to mount my engine to a BugPack floor engine stand (ordered from Aircooled.net). I have separated the transmission from the engine and have removed the flywheel and a few other parts. I'm ready to mount the engine to the bracket on the stand now.

Here's my issue: there were no instructions with the stand. I'm not sure how/where to mount the engine. There are 2 studs coming off the engine case (these studs formerly retained the trans) that seem to fit into the flanges on the end of the stand's "U" shaped bracket, but the studs' non-threaded length disqualifies them for use. It seems that if these studs are going to be used, then I should have received spacers of some kind as part of the engine stand kit.

If you have any advice, I would appreciate it!

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:59 AM