Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gearing suggestions - stock 3.2 in a six?, Street driver
Cairo94507
post Oct 8 2011, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say that my newly acquired stock 914-6 transaxle is in the capable hands of the good Dr. Evil for rebuilding. My car will not be raced or auto-crossed; just street driven.

It will end up with a stock 3.2 with Motronic and 205X55X15 tires.

The good doctor has recommended: A, Ga, Q, X and fH gears. (I hope I got that right because it's greek to me.) I am inclined to go with that recommendation. Then this morning I thought I might as well post here and see what you all have to say.

For those of you who own or have owned a six with a stock 3.2, I am curious what thoughts you might have or if you too believe the above recommendation "hits the nail on the head". I trust the Doc, but of course was curious about real world experience driving that combination with a 3.2.

I am looking for a nice street box that does not have me spinning 3,500 RPM at 70. Close ratios would be nice with a tall 5th.

Thanks in advance for your comments, suggestions, etc.
Michael
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 08:01 PM