Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Classic car insurance...for you autoxers?, specifically Texas...no racing exemption
cha914
post Jul 27 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #1

MUSR 8 - 5lug conversion done wed - drive 500miles thrus

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

So after getting my new quote from state farm for 335 bucks for 6months on the 914, I decided to check out these classic car ins companies.

I filled out the Hagerty form and got a quote of 178 bucks for a year with no deductible and 8K in coverage...sounds great! But then the next day I get a denial because I "race" the car. I told them that I do occasional auto crosses, and they said they won't cover me in such events because of the risk (fine by me) but that Texas doesn't offer a racing exemption for auto insurance, and so they can't cover me at all.

So, what do you guys do in Texas? I could just tell them that I dont' race, but then I am sure it leaves them a big loophole if I do have a claim and they find out the car has been "raced". Are there other options, or am I screwed paying this crazy rate?

BTW, this is a weekend car for me, and both the wife and I have clean records for 3+ years...and we are both over 25...sounds like I should be able to get some decent coverage.

Thanks for the help guys,

Tony Chavez
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 01:03 PM