Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: copper crush washers, why are these so hard to find
mightyohm
post Jul 27 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Time for a rant....

Why is it so hard to find copper crush washers??? I am talking about the kind that are hollow inside and you squish flat when you tighten the fitting.

These are NOT specialty parts, they are used everywhere - almost all cars, planes, etc. There are aluminum crush washers too (like on our oil drain plug).

I have looked all over town for these in the past and NOONE has them. Most auto parts stores have never heard of them! None at OSH, Ace, or even the specialty fastener stores (Olander).

McMaster-Carr doesn't even carry them! WTF!? I don't get it!

Ok, this is not for my 914, but I have needed them for the 914 before and eventually gave up (used other types of washers). This time it's for the oil drain plug on my Subaru. I don't want to go to the dealer for a STUPID CRUSH WASHER! Argh! :finger2:

Rant off...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 08:26 PM