Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Possibilities with my 914 trailer, Thinking of making a canopy for it
JRust
post Oct 30 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So I brought my trailer home. I've always had plans to make one. This just made it easier. I do plan to ditch the tanou cover. It still has the hinges so a deck lid will go back on. In looking at that & the actual space in the trailer. I was thinking of making a canopy for it. Basically building one from the targa bar straight back. That would add quite a bit of available space. Also could be removable. I was also thinking of getting a drop axle with 5x130 hubs & springs. I can open the bottom a little wider & lower that way.

My plans were to make this the ultimate tailgate trailer. I want to add the BBQ on the front. I am an Oregon State Beavers fan with season tickets. Obviously the trailer will be painted orange. The bbq on the front will be painted to look like a beaver head. It will also have its own frame with a hinge on one side. That way when I want to use it I remove the pin & open it. So when barbequing it would be in line with the drivers side. If I were to do the canopy I could put a hinge on the top of the targa bar where it meets the canopy. The mount my TV to the bottom of the canopy. That way I just flip it up to have the tv available to watch.

Anyway that's a couple idea's. Some may never happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . I'd like a few more ideas though to get some more available space. Making the trailer even more useful.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:03 PM