Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Tank Removal, did I forget something?
jr91472
post Aug 4 2004, 06:51 AM
Post #1

"I'm pacing myself sergeant..."

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,437

Two weeks ago I removed my gas tank to repair a small leak. This was surprisingly easy using the Technical Article on Pelican.

I have only driven the car once since then to verify that everything was back in order as I have other work going on. Yesterday, I got back under the front and removed the gravel guard to make sure none of my new lines were leaking, etc.

The lines and clamps looked great, but there is some dampness on the fittings to the bottom of the tank. Not enough to actually drip, just wet (definitely gas). Note, not a single drop of gas has appeared on the floor.

Was I suppose to do anything special to those fittings? I am referring to the metal lines that come out of the tank. All I did was remove and clean. Was suprised that there weren't any type of rubber gaskets, etc. I have never even seen those fittings for sale anywhere.

Anyone else experienced this? Is this something do worry about?

thanks

JR
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:27 AM