Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ellsey slightly injured in 914 turbo carrera
iamchappy
post Aug 10 2004, 07:57 AM
Post #1

It all happens so fast!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Last night Karl mentioned to me that he had pulled a groin as he experienced the
G's encountered during a WOT acceleration test well into 5th in the 914 Turbo Carrera.

Karl and I took a road trip to check out the progress of Paul Borks 914 GT project which is shaping up beautifully, a very skilled restoration with a V6 conversion.

http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/project_914.html

Before we left on our excursion I further restricted my oil line feeding the turbo with a .20 nitrous injector nozzle to try and eliminate oil blowing past the turbos seals, " it worked ". I am going to pull of the drain hose today and run it to see how well the oil is flowing out of the turbo. If it has a nice flow I will stick with the restricter and hope a microscopic particle doesn't plug it up.

More to follow I will have the video camera along today.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:26 PM