Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 71 1.7L Engine Coming Out, Anybody wanna give their 2 cents?
Rhodes71/914
post Aug 26 2004, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

I purchased this car on ebay sight unseen. Engine was not running body is in great shape. With some help of this board I was able to get the engine to run and idle although it was still a little rough. At least I know the engine is not total crap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My intention from the beginning was to pull the engine at least to check it out and clean it up. Since I did get it to run I wanted to at least drive it around the block. All I here from my wife is how fun they are to drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) Well it wasn't meant to be. The clutch is history so the engine is coming out.

I have some experience with type IV engines from a 74 VW Bus. Had that one out a few times. I have the Haynes manual and have checked out the online guides for taking the engine out so I should have no problem with that.

Just looking for advice from experience as to special things I should look for and do while I have that thing out.

Thanks for all your input. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:59 AM