Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hot spark vs Pertronix, Any input
Porschef
post Jan 20 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #1

How you doin'

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

I have a 2056 Ljet w a 009AA distributor. It was starting and running good, albeit with some pinging under load that I'm trying to eliminate. so I removed the points and replaced them w a Pertronix unit. I followed the instructions, removing the distributor to make the installation easier, and now she no start. No spark either. I went through the troubleshooting guide, I have a Bosch blue coil w 3.1 ohms, a charged battery, voltage at the coil etc. I called Pertronix, and now two days later have not heard back from their tech dept. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

So my question is...( and Ivegone through the search) has the Hot Spark SVDA been swapped out to anyone's great satisfaction? It seems like a setup that should work, andtheprice for the distributor with the unit installed seems like a good deal.

BTW, if anyone has any tips on the Pertronix unit, I'm listening.

Thanks,

Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:23 PM